Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Recent Downtime for the Forum.

Recent Downtime for the Forum. 2 months 1 week ago #40268

• timwatts
  • Thank you received: 411
Its back up.

Looks like a random 'bot' attack from China caused a shitstorm of traffic. Not 'our' fault. Our hosting company decided the right thing to do was suspend our account and try to flog us a totally over the top hosting plan rather than support what we have.... but anyway. They've turned us back on again.

I ain't happy with them (hostpapa) and have just emailed again having a proper old moan with a threat to move to someone else.

You MAY not see the green 'new posts' things because i cleared all the cache files etc to do a bit of housekeeping while i was in there sniffing around for problems - of which there were none).

Tim
-
Tim Watts
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Stones

Recent Downtime for the Forum. 2 months 1 week ago #40271

• LesW
  • Thank you received: 145
Had a similar incident on our reseller account some years back. Fasthosts were hacked so they changed ALL our passwords for over 50 sites, but didn't tell us.
Then all our customers were locked out and we spent hours trying to find out what was up before they came clean and told us...
Needless to say we migrated everybody off their servers as soon as we were able (which again was a shed load of work...)
I'm a very busy person
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Time to create page: 0.094 seconds