Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Rhuallt Mine #1

Rhuallt Mine #1 13 years 2 days ago #933

• Ian
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Thank you received: 1441

Directions
I have forgotten exactly where this is but it isn’t far from the marked mine on the O/S map.

Access
Ungated and unknown

Suggested Equipment
Rope, Rigging equipment

Length
Unknown

Flood risk
The bottom of the mine has water of a depth unknown

Mine Attributes
Unknown but probably Lead/Silver. 2 entrances, one short and typical adit the other requiring rigging and descent equipment.

Description
Entrance #1
The main adit slopes downwards at around 60 degrees making the descent somewhat dangerous – A rope to assist is a seriously good idea.

Towards the lower part of this descent, two passages lead off to the left and the right with one being blind and the other back filled or collapsed.

Following on downwards, the passageway becomes perilous and the floor gives way to a straight drop down to the mine floor some good distance below (perhaps 50/60 feet). The bottom could not be seen from the point reachable but water is known to be present from dis-lodged rocks falling.

There was no signs of rigging on the walls and a descent would not be possible without secured ropes/SRT/electrons etc.

Nothing is known of the passageway/mine below.

On the surface, there is a rotten plank covered hole which looks over the water logged passage and is (was?) very dangerous (being around 200feet above it) and is very difficult to spot especially in the dark.

Entrance #2
A short adit (probably a trial) around 100 feet in length which is immediate flooded up to knackers depth. The short flooded bit can be passed to reach dry ground before the adit becomes blind.

Unexplored Passages
The main mine at the bottom of the steep/dangerous slope is unexplored as it is currently ur-reachable.

Digs
None known.

Links
None known
Currently at rest in the Elephant's graveyard
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Rhuallt Mine #1 13 years 2 days ago #934

• Ian
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Thank you received: 1441

The back filled cross adit

The 2nd adit entrance
Currently at rest in the Elephant's graveyard
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Time to create page: 0.048 seconds