Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Cwm Cynfal Copper Mine - Petition

Cwm Cynfal Copper Mine - Petition 4 years 4 months ago #37225

• ILT
  • Thank you received: 122
DaveT wrote:
..... Is there an easy way to fix this?

No. Admin don't have time and the moderators are used to looking at the world sideways ;)

Taken with an iPoo perhaps? irfanview is a handy (and free) little piece of graphics software. It can convert between just about any image format, resize, rotate etc. etc. I don't think the bulletin board allows changes to images once uploaded so it's always best to check they are what you expect (using something like irfanview/gimp/etc) before upload.

Back onto the planning. Thanks for the photos, I didn't realise it was that easy to get to the adit.
Letter of objection sent today.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Cwm Cynfal Copper Mine - Petition 4 years 4 months ago #37231

• Ant89
  • Thank you received: 243
Seems the Archaeologist took at face value the identity of the sites as they are determined by "The Royal Commission on the Ancient and Historical Monuments of Wales" So I think we can rule out a deliberate misidentification of features by this archaeologist. So on another note, maybe someone should contact "the commission" to inform them of this probable misidentification.

regardless of the identification of such features, surely they indicate that further survey work would be required to investigate the stability of the ground in the area.

Cwm Cynfal Copper Mine - Petition 4 years 4 months ago #37232

• DaveT
  • Thank you received: 147
I am in the middle of composing an objection complete with a survey, photos etc. and I have left no doubt that the archaeologists they employed have cut loose and fast with the survey and facts. They basically ignored all the stuff which would cause a big problem and I don't think this was accidental. I suspect the people conducting the review will take a very dim view of this.

Dave
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.131 seconds